The following utilities (industrial, commercial and residential) are available in the Town of Kamsack:
- Water: new RO water system went online May 2009
- Sewage treatment: provided by the Town of Kamsack; lagoon treatment
- Natural Gas: SaskEnergy, 1-800-567-8890
- Electricity: SaskPower, 1-888-757-6937
- Telephone: SaskTel, 1-800-727-5835
- Airport: with 2500' x 75' asphalt runway
- Via Rail
- STC bus service (passenger and freight)
- Handi-bus service
- Cable television: Access Communications, 1-866-363-2225
- Satellite television: Star Choice or Bell-Vu, (306) 542-4436
Town water and sewer service
The Town of Kamsack issues water bills to home owners and commercial properties every two months and for renters and industrial l properties on a monthly basis. The minimum charge for water usage is $35.00 per month. The sewer charge is $10 and the enviro (garbage) charge is $7 per month; for a minimum monthly total of $47.00. The monthly water rates are as follows:
- 0 - 400 cubic feet a minimum charge of $35; over 400 cubic feet at $6.00 per hundred cubic feet;
- 0 - 11 cubic meters a minimum charge of $35; over 11 cubic meters at $2.11 per cubic meter;
- 0 - 2,500 gallons a minimum charge of $35; over 2,500 gallons at $9.60 per 1,000 gallons.
The minimum charge is payable monthly whether or not any water has been used. Payments can be made at the Town Office during regular office hours; cash, cheque or debit are excepted. On line banking is available for Credit Union, Scotia Bank, and T.D. Bank customers.
There is a water meter deposit and a connection fee payable prior to water being turned on to every household and business in Town. Persons who wish to have water connected must apply in person at the Town Office during regular business hours of 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday with payment of the following: Connect Fee-$50.00,Utility Deposit-$150.00, Total payment of $200.00. The utility deposit will be refunded or applied to the final bill upon disconnection of service.
Water utility service may be discontinued if a water and sewer utility account is not paid within 30 days after the billing date. Discontinuance of and reconnection of a water utility service shall be in accordance with the Water Works System Management Bylaw.
Town Council may limit the use of water should water supply be inadequate. This shall be done by resolution passed at a regular or special council meeting, and shall take effect immediately or at a date specified in the resolution.
The following reports about the town's waterworks are available by clicking on the title: